Development History

George is the hotel-legend.

George Hotel is an elegant architectural monument dating back to the times of Austrian-Hungarian monarchy. Wide stairs still remember the gorgeousness of that world. This hotel was always distinguished by the refinement of architectural solutions and design of the interior, lobby, corridors and staircases, which impress by their greatness and spaciousness. Being proud of its aristocratic sophistication, George Hotel kindly invites guests. The hotel guests get an opportunity to fully feel the charm of the romantic city. In the middle of the 17th century there was a sluice, regulating water flow from the Poltva River, on the place of modern George Hotel. The best Galician restaurant Under Three Hooks was located here. In 1793 its owners decided to rebuild it fundamentally and open a new hotel. Three years later "De La Rus" hotel was built, which got its name due to being the main coaching inn for all the travellers from all over the world.